Wednesday 17 February 2010

Day Nine: Hola, Rio

Taken to the airport by tractor. Such is life here, it didn´t even surprise us. Airport is probably pushing its definition, more like an airstrip with an eight-seater plane to take us to the mainland. The airport terminal consisted of one room with a bench. There was a washing line outside. Whose washing, I will never know. Our onward journey to Rio was not without incident. Our shuttle bus broke down on a motorway so one couple flagged down a taxi, meaning all the cars behind it had to swerve around it. Rio looked fab in the drive to the hotel. It´s not the same one Madonna is staying in. Met Gary and Kleverson for a top meal in Cafe Zaza, Ipanema. I think I`m going to like Rio.

THINGS I DIDN´T KNOW BEFORE TODAY:
Some airports have washing lines
Flies get planes too
People hail taxis on motorways

4 comments:

  1. Did you meet The Girl From...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. eyup tommy - any photos of the maracana?

    Happy birthday for the 20th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tommy. I didn't have time to do the Maracana but I visited Boca today and will send you a pic. Hope the Sydney summer is a good one.

    ReplyDelete