Friday 2 April 2010

Day 57: Adios, taxistas

I cherish my last few taxi rides because I'm going to miss the crazy drivers, although our relationship got off to a rocky start. On arrival, Ian and I waited an hour at the airport and for the first few days they obstinately refused to understand me saying my address, because I said it with a Spanish, rather than Argentinian, pronunciation. But I've come to enjoy their surly demeanour, which usually breaks after a few minutes of my poor Spanish and inane observations about football. The two words "Carlos" and "Tevez" are usually enough to get them excited.

WHAT YOU ARE MOST LIKELY TO HEAR IN A TAXI:
1. Status Quo
2. Tears for Fears
3. Moans about Paraguayans

WHAT YOU ARE MOST LIKELY TO SEE:
1. A blur
2. Other taxis having accidents

THING I DIDN’T KNOW BEFORE TODAY:
Buskers in Buenos Aires DO play Don’t Cry For Me Argentina

No comments:

Post a Comment